Occupational Therapy- My Future Job

 I wanted to talk a little bit of my possibly future job and why it's important to me. To start off some of you may be wondering what it is! To answer that question occupational therapy  is all about helping evaluating and treating people who have injuries( More for physical therapist), illnesses or disabilities. They overall help clients meet their goals to develop, recover, improve and altogether maintaining skills needed for daily living. Occupational therapist can help a wide range of people all the way from infants to the elderly. With that being said i am quite sure if i want to work in a elementary school or a adult resource center. The adult resource center in located in my home town and helps adults with severe cognitive disabilities such as ASD. I have actually job shadowed occupational therapist and codas( Occupational therapy assistant).  I have done this both for the  adult  resource center and a elementary school near me.  I  really enjoyed watching them work it the field and what they did for their  individuals they worked with. I might become a occupational therapy assistant at first and than move to a full occupational therapist in the future. I have not fully decided yet but i will keep rescred and job shadowing to see what really fits me the best.      However overall i just want to help individuals grow and expand their brain and body, so they can be the best possible person they can be even though they might have severe disabilities. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Staying Healthy- Don't get sick like me!

My Day today