Staying Healthy- Don't get sick like me!

It's really important to stay healthy especially as college students. Its very easy to get sick,  i sadly am right now and have been for about a week. If you live in the dorms especially the traditional ones like North Hall or Rhoads Hall the probability of getting sick is way higher than in the suites or apartments. If you are in one of those dorms you are constantly sharing the same bathroom with a bunch of people exposing yourself to more germs! Its less possible in the suites but still can be common since most people are still sharing a bathroom with at least one other person. This could be one of the many reasons why i got sick since i currently live in north hall . I have been trying to help myself by staying hydrated and eating when i can. I have definitely struggled to eat since i am not feeling well but i try to eat when i know that will make me feel better in the end. Also getting good amounts of sleep and exercise helps as as well! Both of these can help the sickness work through your  system. We also have a health center here so if you feel sick it's important to go there to get proper medication and treatment if need be. I was given some cold medication which has helped a lot! This is how the past week has gone for me which is not fun! This was on my insite of why i might have gotten sick and how i am getting better. Stay Healthy!  I hope most of you are doing better than me and are not sick! 

Comments

  1. I totally understand how you feel! It’s so easy to get sick in the dorms, especially with how many people share the same spaces. Glad to hear you’re taking care of yourself and feeling a bit better. Staying hydrated and getting rest really do make a difference — hope you’re back to 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you are sick and I hope you get better soon. I agree that being in a traditional dorm it is easy to get sick because everyone is sharing everything. One thing I used to do when I was living in North Hall was wipe down all door handles and commonly touch things in my room with disinfecting wipes. I would try to do this at least once a week to help keep myself healthy and keep my space clean. I also would take a vitamin C every day to help keep my immune system strong and ready for if I was around sick germs. I hope these tips help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get what you mean - it is SO easy to get sick living in the dorms, especially places like North Hall. I have known people who have lived there, and it spreads so fast. Sounds like you're doing all the right things though by resting and hydrating. Hope you start feeling better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Day today

Occupational Therapy- My Future Job